Followers

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Myrtle Beach Bikers never in an "awkward position."


Got to say, here in Myrtle Beach, the riders are very polite. They bend over backwards to help me out on the group rides. About halfway through the ride a couple weeks ago, I started having trouble keeping up. For the rest of the ride back from Murrels Inlet, they helped me stay in the pack and waited when I just couldn't keep up the pace. (By the way, it is almost incomprehensibly easier to stay in pack and draft than to try and stay with the group off the back. With physics against you, it's pretty hard. It's also mentally demoralizing to be hanging off the back just not able to catch up.) Steve also gave me an inner tube when Sean and I found that the flat tire patch wouldn't stick in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment