Followers

Monday, December 20, 2010

Santa Envy


I miss the days of riding my bike to deliver turkeys or caviar. I delivered a turkey to the,"Pacific Mission" on Dearborn and Congress in Chicago. I probably delivered Christmas presents too. Thanks to Billy Dwyer at Accurate recruiting for hiring me to deliver Christmas peanut brittle to offices around Chicago. That was another chapter. Funnnnn! We teamed up at the velodrome in Northbrook, IL as well.

These jobs gave me rosy Santa cheeks.

I'll figure out how to do Christmassy things by bike now. Yesterday I rode 5 miles north to Books=A-Million to buy Christmas cards. Maybe I could deliver bribes to potential employers.

I bought a spoke wrench (black) to save money on trueing my wheels. There's nothing more annoying than knowing you're doing a number on your wheels because they're too much out of true. Anyone in Myrtle Beach need their wheels trued? $6 each wheel. No joke.

Money's ever tighter. Here's hoping Toys 'R Us will hire me. Maybe I can deliver something on bike with a santa costume.

1 comment:

  1. Spoke wrenches come in different sizes. The grips are painted either red, green, or black.

    ReplyDelete