Followers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pleasure Cruises


Just logging two rides, both about 25 miles. Yesterday's ride was, for some reason, a flood of memories as I made it to the Starbucks on 72nd and Ocean Blvd. I was having major recall of my time as a messenger in Chicago. Almost every morning it seemed, I'd end up at Starbucks (or Intelligensia or another local cafe) waiting for a job. I'd be gambling with how much time I had. During the last couple years of messengering, this was possible because work was so slow with "standby."



Not ME!!


I also found a web site by a person doing a ride for mental illness awareness. Instead of Chicago to Washington DC, he is going around the world east to west and north to south. Here it is.



Also, I created a script and python plugin for my desktop so now I can get forecasts to plan rides.

It involves "wminfo" a dockapp, and python's script "pywapi" which is available on ohlo.


No comments:

Post a Comment