Followers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Nothing to sneeze at.


So I found "Cyclopedia," in Pawley's Island. I talked for about 20 minutes with Aaron and Tom. They have some good moderately priced bike shorts.


Another 23 miles today going north.


I have orginated an art from that involves biking. I find manhole covers and other intricate metal work to do rubbings on paper of. I am also working on doing molds of objects. They can either be direct rubbings, which just show the quality of the object, or they can be worn down objects, or they can be pieces of objects put together on the same page. The worn down object can sometimes be captured. It can have a great effect, such as this one. This is a manhole cover in Chicago that from about the 1890s and it is very worn down. Notice the star in the middle.
It is on the sidewalk. In the future, I can make a gps file with the manhole covers on them. This one is a can that is permanently squashed into the pavement.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry if you are reading this post and it's hard to read. Comment if you want a better version finished, otherwise, I'm just going to keep experimenting with the format.

    ReplyDelete