Followers

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Well on my way... to Manistee

It's been five days now. I have spent the night at Indiana Dunes, Warren Dunes, a Saugatuck hotel, a Holland campground and am on my way to Muskegan tonight. I am looking to head to a park to sleep. I am at a library in Grand Haven.

My twitter is "fastvenison."

I will try and map my "root" but this library computer won't let me use google maps or map my ride.com.

Heard of a couple wind turbines and algae projects. Viability Energy didn't call me back in Saugatuck.

I've been eating local produce and even picking. I've been to a farmer's market where I learned of a 400 acre farm in Fennvile. It's organic. They've also got their own energy system.

Again, "fastvenison."

6 comments:

  1. Nate, I hope the ride is going good... Rob from Drews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nate, Please tell me you did not get caught in the nasty storms to the north????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob,
    I did forge through the rain from Drews. By the time I got north and the rain came, I was snug in my tent. At Ludington National Park, I just put up my tarp and slept under that.
    Thanks for checking up on me,
    Nate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nate, Are you still wandering? Give me an update.... Where are you and what have you been up to??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am back in Chicago/Winnetka. The total trip took 16 days. I spent some time in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo. Then I made some finished some long legs back to the Indiana Dunes and then to Chicago. I at 1 lb of blueberries that I picked. I could've kept going and will get back on the road a.s.a.p. How is the family?

    ReplyDelete
  6. doing ok. When's the next trip? I am glad you made it there and back safe.

    ReplyDelete